Smalls Auctions Terms and Conditions
The general terms and conditions of Smalls Auctions are subject to Australian Consumer Law and are governed by the State Laws of New South Wales (Australia) which warrants that all lots are offered with clear title. Auction safeguards available to bidders can be viewed at www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
- Internet bidders are required to register online prior to bidding on our sales so that Smalls Auctions can confirm their bidding status. This is done through the ‘Register to Bid’ link.
- Room bidders for live auctions are required to provide Photo Identification and complete a Registration Form before they will be permitted to bid.
- Subject to any reserve price the highest bidder on an item shall be the purchaser.
- In the case of two identical bids on an item the first bid received will take precedence.
- All auction lots in the opinion of Smalls Auctions are faithfully described.
- Winning bids on lots are considered final and irrevocable unless in dispute.
- Bidders who dispute the veracity of a lot description must notify Smalls Auctions within 14 days of taking delivery of any concerns regarding Title, Description or Authenticity.
- Smalls Auctions may offer a limited right of return on lots where a purchaser can provide within 14 days of taking delivery contrary written expert advice that a lot is a deliberate forgery or fake, or not in working order in the case of a mechanical or electronic device if this was indicated in the description.
- This limited right of return does not apply to a purchaser who has inspected a lot prior to sale.
- We do not accept returns because the bidder has changed their mind.
- All purchases are subject to a 20% Buyer’s Premium on the hammer price.
- The Buyer’s Premium is inclusive of the Australian G(oods) & S(ervices T(ax) incurred by our service, all credit card surcharges and, the service charge of ‘Invaluable’ who host our Internet Auctions.
- The Buyer’s Premium does not include any other charges which may be incurred by an overseas buyer on their importation of an item or items.
- Additional standard freight charges apply as per our listed schedule.
- Title on lots will not pass until payment in full has been received by Smalls Auctions which is required within 10 days of the conclusion of the Sale.